Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to saving and/or sharing particular web content on a web server managed by a hosting distributor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a glance at these. In this way, you can elect what you want, depending on whether you wish to build a site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by particular firms, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently involve advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely twisted interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the tasks at hand between different packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given providers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share a vast quantity of pictures with mates or acquaintances since the service is generally free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to managing your electronic mail accounts. Some corporations provide web site hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your site hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will enable you to administer as many video clips as you want to without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At LocatedWeb, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse compared to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content exclusively.